Wednesday, 19 August 2009

Itchy feet

Wuaaaaaaa………I have itchy feet. Very itchy feet. Tomorrow will be my last day at work, what a great feeling…Some weeks ago, a tiny joyous anticipation of exploring a little island was all that existed in my mind about Taiwan. Now the time has dimished to 3 days and the tiny anticipation has grown to a major excitement. I am restless, I can neither sleep nor focus and I feel like a little child again going on summer vacation soon. It is the feeling of change and great expectations mixed with a bit of nostalgia about the things you leave behind.
What remains to do is just a bit of cleaning, packing, saying goodbye and off we go. I mean off WE go, since I am taking my dearest boyfriend Anders. OK, I am not literally taking him, he had a fair share of deciding himself (at least that’s what he thinks). I cannot wait to leave and hop onto the plane. I have my passport, visa, vaccination, backpack, tickets, lonely planet, credit card and my bikini. Curious on what the journey will bring, cause the wisdom aka Mark Twain says:

“I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.”


We will see =)


Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment