Anyways, I feel I am rather busy here in Taipei. Really, I can't figure out where all the hours go...I only have classes on two days a week, these are Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday is my hardcore day, with lectures from 9 to 9! AM to PM!Followed by ONE lecture on Wednesday. Yeah I know it does not sound too bad and I am quite satisfied with my schedule, since that leaves a lot of room for study ( = travel, sports, relaxing, travel) .However, despite the rather moderate schedule, we actually do have to study a lot, since the professors here are very much into the Harvard Business Style of teaching. Sooo, classes are very interactive and seminar like, involving case studies, group works, presentations and assignment writing. You kind of have to prepare, since class participation is a major part of the grade. On top of that, I also work 10 hours a week. Therefore, I decided to drop the three hour Chinese course...shame on me, I know.
Enough bla bla, time to rave about Taipei. Where to start....the campus . It is perfect. When walking to one of my sporadic classes/meetings I stroll down a 1km long palm tree allée (the famous landmark of National Taiwan University) which ends with the beautiful library. Hidden in numerous side roads, squares etc you can find everything the student needs or does not need. Countless cafés, tea shops, food places, Burger King (yes, that's right and very odd), bike shops and bakeries. The sports facilities are vast and amazing; basketball, tennis, outdoor/indoor swimming, gym, judo, Taekwondo...name it and you are most likely to find it. I love to be a student =)
OK, more of the actual Taipei later, now I am off to bed....looong Tuesday tomorrow!
Alli
No comments:
Post a Comment