I am back from the trip to the mountains. Honestly, it was disappointing. The whole tour suffered from disorganization, bad weather and no spectacular sights. The only good thing was the nice mattress in the hotel we stayed in..I probably make it sound very bad right now, there were certainly some more nice things about it, but my imagination caused my expectations to be quite high on beforehand. Too high I must admit. I was expecting beautiful scenery, exciting little villages, a packed program and above all, I was so looking forward to do some proper mountain hiking. Ahwell, I am a slow learner when it comes to those things. Here you never get what you expect. So now this whole trip caused me to have a negative feeling about Taiwan and this exchange in general, which I quickly have to come over with. Right now everything more or less sucks, the weather (it actually does, cause its raining cats and dogs), the food and the people. Rejection period full speed, lack of motivation, energy and positive thoughts. But hey, tomorrow is a new day (even though tuesday unfortunately) and after rain there is always sunshine. And actually, Yoga today was a good way to get back on the track. I am really starting to like this sport. We have a true original teacher, she keeps talking about spiritual things and how to listen to your body and become one with the nature (or the Yoga Mat, that is) and we are listing to subtle meditation music. Afterwards, I feel really relaxed, even though in pain and am more motivated than before. I will try and embrace this sport as much as I can. Alli goes Yoga. Haha, who would have thought that. But now I am just going to bed =)
Good night!
Alli
hey alex!
ReplyDeleteyoga..!? sounds good! even if i can not really imagine you sitting on the floor and doing spiritual meditation etc.. :D - but if it brings you down after a busy day at university, instead of rowing and playing handball, it served its purpose..
i wish you a nice week with delicious food :D
äddi un merci
alex