Still feel very weak in my stomach from yesterday's night out. We went to Bar Code near Taipei 101. It's a lounge with a nice atmosphere, cool design and delicious cocktails. That was our destiny last night, we (the usual suspects plus the extra C) got hooked by their cocktail menu. They have a huge variety and the nice thing is that they are unique cocktails that you can't find anywhere else. My favourite one was the Turbo Mojito, well the name suggests what the core ingredients were, but spiced up with 8 year old rum, champagne and grapes. Yummy! Suffering the consequences today...
So since it is impossible to work, study or do anything productive today we will continue and pay a visit to the Oktoberfest in Taipei. Yeah, I know, I am in Taiwan and should experience THEIR culture and THEIR events and hang out with the locals. Instead I am going to a German festival and will probably meet quite a lot of Germans. However, I consider the Oktoberfest as something surely German but also very international. So going their is also a part of embracing the full range of Taiwanese life and it will be fun to see the Taiwanese drinking Mass Bier. (I admit this was quite a poor argumentation) Anyway, I have never been to the original Oktoberfest, but from the description this one sounded quite big, sponsered by Siemens, Mercedes, Erdinger etc...so I am curious on the blend of German and Taiwanese. Will try to avoid the Bier though, because I have to study tomorrow and do some work....haha, as if!
The long weekends (Wednesday to Monday) are quite tough as you can see.
Alli
No comments:
Post a Comment