Sunday, 15 November 2009

The Apple experience

4 weeks ago I bought a new computer, more precisely, a MacBook. I wanted it to be reliable, fast, durable and of high quality. Of course, I am being honest, as a girl and I wanted it to look pretty, too. Nothing wrong with that. However, my main criteria was the equipment , since I am not planning to buy another computer anytime soon. So, I ended up buying a MacBook, which is the cheapest Laptop (apart from the Mini) you can get from Apple. I was really happy about it in the beginning. The customer service in the shop and the product were great. The Apple experience was truly satisfying. Fast, easy to use and lots of cool programs and applications. And very pretty, too. But now my MacBook broke and it is so sad. I know, computers break, but I was so naive in believing that Apple products are flawless. On top of that, two weeks after I bought my 'new' MAC, Apple launched a new model for the same price as the old one. Aaaaaaahhhh. So I feel slightly dissatisfied and cheated. I took my Mac back to the store and they will replace the broken motherboard for free, which is nice. However, I have a bad perception of the brand now, since they won't take my Laptop back and give me the money back (well, maybe also naive) and they won't give me the new model either. Damn. So now I am sitting here and waiting for it to come back. I miss is already and going back to my old, loyal Acer feels like going back to the Middle Ages. It is so incredibly slow. Second class laptop.

Hmm, what else happened. We went to see the Swedish musical Mamma Mia of ABBA, that was amazing. Apart from the fact that we were really craving some beer, but they did not sell any. In the whole arena, there was no single shop selling drinks or snacks. COME ON!!!! That's were you make money on!! So we sat there dreaming about beer. The show was awesome, I can really recommend it...we had all the ABBA songs stuck in our head afterwards and were singing them all night long happily. Well, might also have been to he fact that we had a couple of drinks afterwards in Taipei's SOHO area. We kind of stumbled across it in search for drinks...really charming place. Lots of small shops, bars, restaurants and cool people. Just like us ;)

I must say, I have started to like Taipei more and more. There is a lot of cosy areas that are to be explored, it is just a matter of finding them. If you real take your time and open your eyes, there are some true places. Places that have personality and invite you to waste your time in =) . I should get a digital camera that I can always carry with me, so I can post some more pictures here. Maybe for Christmas....


Good night!


Alli

 

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, Mamma Mia :) So they had the musical there in Taipei? Then that's cool :) And what a coincidence since we watched the movie here on Saturday haha. I've seen it so many times already. And the live musical is great too, saw it in New York and also in Swedish in Stockholm. Great both times!
    Too bad about your computer though :( that always sucks when you buy a good brand because you want something that lasts.
    Take care over there in Taipei. MIssing it here in the cold chilly weather.
    xx

    ReplyDelete